Monday, October 12, 2009

Autumn Spice

I love this time of year! It started to get chilly last week, but I have no idea how long that will last... knowing Southern California we could be back in the 90's next week (please no!). I love the first chill in the Autumn air because that means I get to wear fleece! This time of year also means delicious sweets with flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. I once had a friend that would describe these sweets as tasting like Christmas, but I disagree, I think it tastes like Autumn, Autumn spices to be exact!

As a tribute to fall, I wanted to make some Oatmeal and pie spice cookies (pie spice = Autumn spice).



As I was discussing these cookies with my friend, Nicole aka W, she reminded me of one of our favorite ice cream flavors, Ben and Jerry's Oatmeal Cookie Chunk. If you haven't tried this flavor, drive yourself to your local grocery store and treat yourself to a pint! With ice cream on the brain, I decided to revise my original plan and make ice cream sandwiches. So here are the ice cream sandwiches, two oatmeal and pie spice cookies with vanilla ice cream in the middle. Yum! Yum!


Until next time, enjoy your fleece!

~Damielle

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully this means you are hard at work preparing for our visit! I can't wait to see you guys and try some of your delicious treats!

    ReplyDelete