Saturday, December 5, 2009

All my favorites!!!

I love chocolate cake, it may be my favorite! So, when I had an order for a chocolate cake over Thanksgiving break, I decided to make a few extras for myself and my coworkers.


After trying multiple chocolate cake recipes, I have finally found the one! Colette Peters you are my hero, thank you for this recipe! I changed it just a bit to make it my own and I definitely can't share that little secret, but you should definitely go out there and buy her book! We have also been wanting to find a good coffee frosting recipe. When I interned at Sweet & Saucy, Melody did a lot of variations of cream cheese frostings and they were GOOD! But I love swiss meringue buttercream, so I sought Martha's advice. I didn't use her recipe (I have my own already), but I did follow her steps when it came to adding the instant espresso powder. I did double, okay maybe I tripled the amount of espresso powder though... it needed more coffee flavoring! Let me just say that this is my favorite frosting of all time!!! So good! And for good measure, I also sprinkled on salted caramel (I think it would have been better without it). Enjoy the pictures and be on the look out for new postings this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment