Monday, August 17, 2009

New Decisions

After some thought, I came to the conclusion to start a new blog. Something a little more professional than Flour Flinger/Messy Baker (even though I loved those titles, it reminds me so much of my mom and I). With the help of my finance, Tyler and I decided on the name Cake & Co. It's simple and straight to point and that is what I like. It also let's people know that I do more than just cake, I do cupcakes too and now that I see the awesomeness of mini desserts, I will be doing that as well!

I have been helping out at Sweet and Saucy Shop for 3 weeks now. And it was just what I needed... with my history of jumping from one job to another (I am just interested in so many things...), I was a little nervous about the idea of changing careers once again. I had many sleepless nights thinking, "what if I didn't like it" or "can I really design cakes and not run into a creative block?" One question I didn't ask myself was "can you stand on your feet for 8+ hours." Turns out, not only can I stand on my feet for 8+ hours, I can also walk away from the shop every day with a smile on my face. How can you not smile, baked goods really makes everyone around you happy!

So, it is my desire to have a career in this industry eventually. But for now I must continue to look for a full time job and do dessert artistry on the side. Here goes nothing :)

Side info. - Cake & Co.'s initials are also CC which also happens to be our abbreviated version of "cupcake," the nickname that Tyler gave me. His nickname is Stud Muffin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment