Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Who wants to be a taste tester?

I just finished my month long internship last week and it's weird to be home all day again (praying that I get a full time job soon). The one good thing about being home... I get to try new recipes.

Eventually, I would like to have my own dessert studio and deciding what cake flavors and frostings you would like to offer is one of the most important first steps. I already have three flavors that I offer, red velvet, vanilla buttermilk and chocolate. I want to offer more, so I've decided to try a new recipe a week. I definitely want to pull influences from my Asian and Hawaiian roots, I think I will try a Matcha green tea recipe next! I also want to try to tweak my recipes to be more health conscience (my vanilla buttermilk recipe is actually low in calories as far as bake goods are concerned) and I would like to try some vegan and allergy sensitive recipes as well.

This past week, I tried Martha Stewart's brown sugar cake recipe topped with a browned butter glaze.


It was pretty good! The recipe is very interesting, it has similar ingredients to chocolate chip cookie dough minus the chocolate chips of course. It smells like cookie dough and it almost tastes like it too... I LOVE chocolate chip cookie dough! I would rather eat the cookie dough than the actual cookie. I am going to tweak Martha's recipe here and there, but I definitely have one fan that I know of :)


This is Isabella and she is just waiting for the box of cupcakes to fall...

If anyone would like to be a taste tester, let me know and I'll let you know when I have the next batch baked.

Happy Baking!
~Danielle

2 comments:

  1. if only i lived near you! looks like you are off to a great start! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were GOOD...mmmm, cupcake...Want another

    ReplyDelete