Sunday, November 1, 2009

Quick Halloween Cupcakes

This past week was a long week for me... I finally went back to work after being unemployed for 9 months. It's good to be back in the workplace, but I missed baking. So, I decided to bake some cupcakes for my coworkers for two reasons, 1. I wanted to bake and 2. I was hoping I could bribe them to keep me (it's a temp to hire position) :P

I baked three different types of cupcakes, vanilla buttermilk, chocolate, and chocolate with a Reese's peanut butter cup baked inside of it. The last one was so rich, it needed to be eaten with a cup of coffee or a large glass of milk.

Adding chocolate treats is pretty easy, I just placed the peanut butter cup in the cupcake liner and then poured the chocolate cupcake batter over it.


The batter didn't bake up as well as it does on it's own, but you can still eat it (and that is all that matters). Yum yum!


Needless to say, I think the cupcakes were a success! The peanut butter ones were the first to go!

Next up... the revealing of our kitchen (I know, I should have posted this weeks ago...)

~Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment