Thursday, July 1, 2010

Cake | Simplistic Graduation Cake

Just wanted to do a quick post on a cute little cake I did for my friend, W.  W graduated in late May with a Masters in Biology.  I wanted to do some kind of nerdy cake, like I did for Tyler's birthday last year (remember the Beer Yeast Microbe cake), but I decided to do something more simplistic.  


W really likes my mint chocolate recipe, so I create a 6" cake for her.  Mint chocolate cake with peppermint Swiss meringue buttercream.  For an added surprise, I smashed up Girl's Scout's Thin Mint cookies (I buy a box every year and put it in my freezer... frozen Thin Mints are the best!) and sprinkled the cookie crumbles in between the layers of cake.

 

I did a simple black circle pattern on the outside of the cake and topped it all off with a Thin Mint cookie on top of the cake. 


Here I am with the graduate.  Congratulations on your graduation W!


Next up, a groom's cake which I think is beary beary good...
~Danielle

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...thin mints...this was sooo good and it destroyed those silly ice cream cakes someone else brought.

    ReplyDelete