Monday, July 5, 2010

Cake | UCLA Bruin's Groom Cake

I love when clients "aka friends" have an exact idea what they have in mind and then trust me to create it for them.  I will be honest, I was a little nervous about this one.  Last year, it may be a full year, a friend from college asked if I would do a groom's cake for a friend of hers.  The groom wanted a UCLA Bruins themed cake.  I had previously done a USC Trojan cake (I can hear either the boos and the cheers in the background) last year, so I thought why not, I can do this!  


I ran a few images I found off the web by the groom and groom decided he wanted to go with the Bruin drawing behind the UCLA logo.   We picked this out last year, so when it came time to actually do the cake I was a little intimated.  But I laid out a schedule and I accomplished the Bruin a little bit here and there.  I started to work on the Bruin logo two nights before the cake was due.  It would have been easy to purchase a printer, fondant sheets and edible ink and print out the logo (this works so well for corporate clients - sugar cookies and cupcakes).  But I also like the look of layered fondant.  So, with my handy dandy exacto knife I set to work cutting out different layers of the logo.  

Night 1
Here is the final cake!  I don't like to toot my own horn, but I think this is definitely a step up from the USC cake that I did last year.  

Day 3, pick-up Day!



And I wanted to share this last photo, my friend, Leika took this at the wedding.  I love the table display (I am all about table displays!)





I probably won't be able to post anything until after our wedding, so don't give up on me. 


Until next time, enjoy the summer!
~Danielle

1 comment: